Topic: Python Create New Class Rectangle
Write a Python Program to perform the above mentioned OOP concepts. The Rectangle class will have:
- Two instance variables: length and width
- Two instance methods:
- compute_area() and compute_perimeter()
- The formula of area of rectangle is to multiply length of rectangle by the width of the rectangle.
- Similarly, the formula of perimeter of the rectangle is adding all four sides of the rectangle. Therefore perimeter=L+L+W+W
- That is perimeter = 2L + 2W
- And so, perimeter = 2(L+W)
- Moreover the Rectanggle class will have a parameterized constructor to initialize the instance variables of the object.
What is the Formula to Calculate Area of Rectangle?
area = length x width
What is the formula to Compute Perimeter of Rectangle?
perimeter = 2 (length+width)
Python Source Code Python Create New Class Rectangle
How to Define a Rectangle Class in Python
First of all use class keyword to define a Rectangle class:
Define a constructor in Rectangle Class
def __init__(self, length, width): self.length = length self.width = width
Define compute_area() method
def computer_area(self): return self.length * self.width
Define compute_perimeter() method
def computer_perimeter(self): return 2*(self.length + self.width)
Get Input from the User at Runtime
l= float(input('Please Enter the Length of the Rectangle: ')) w= float(input('Please Enter the Width of the Rectangle: '))
Create an Object of Rectangle Class
obj = Rectangle(l,w)
Call the compute_area() method for Object of Rectangle Class
USing dot notation with object.method() syntax to call the method compute_area() method to calculate area of the rectangle object. And the returned value will be stored in area variable area = obj.compute_area()
Call the compute_perimeter() method for Object of Rectangle Class
USe dot notation with object.method() syntax to call the method compute_perimeter() And the returned value will be stored in perimeter variable perimeter = obj.compute_perimeter()
Show Results area and perimeter for Object of Rectangle Class
Here we will use print() function to print the details like area and perimeter of the rectangle object on the screen. We will use %.2f to round the value upto 2 decimal places. print("Area of Rectangle object = %.2f" %area) print("Perimeter of Rectangle object= %.2f" %perimeter)